September 13, 2016 - DRAFT

SIAA Board Meeting Minutes September 13, 2016

Present:  Adam Halstead, Lena Castro, Austin Riley, Kiley Secrest, Shannon Elian, Debra Thompson & Jeff Gardner

The meeting was called to order at 7:10 p.m. by Adam Halstead. Adam asked if everyone had reviewed the minutes from August. The motion was made by Jeff Gardner to approve the minutes as presented.  Debra Thompson seconded the motion Motion Carried.

Treasury Report:

Lena Castro made the motion to accept the Treasury Report as presented. Austin Riley seconded the motion. Motion Carried.

Items Open for Discussion:

A/C at the SIAA Building: Adam Halstead had a downstairs duct check for the building. He was told we have a 2, or 2.5 ton unit, and we need a 5 ton unit. Most of these systems are $5000 (not counting duct) installed. He will get an estimate, and keep us updated.

 

Main Street Bridge Construction: SIAA was contacted by Joel, who wanted to know if we were interested in the bricks the city has excavated. These bricks are from 1916, and there is a rail in the median on Main Street. He wanted to know if we were interested in putting up a historic display. We have asked for 800 bricks. Austin said we could store the bricks in her backyard, if we needed to.

Upcoming Membership Night: We have a conflict with the Porchfest party on out meeting night of October 18. There was talk of switching the October Board Meeting and the Membership meeting. Jeff Gardner believes we should start announcing a month ahead what we will be doing the following month. He also advised that we should encourage support for the businesses in Historic Springfield. He cited Tappas Old World as an example. Adam said he believed the project at the old Jewish Center had the zoning approved, and they should be breaking ground in 30-60 days.

Committee Reports:

Rentals: We have 3 new rentals since the August Board Meeting. Adam estimates 55 incoming calls per month.

Membership: No Report

Building: Lena checked out a website for plates, but says their shipping costs are too high. Adam did inventory. A package comes with 2 dozen sets. It was discussed getting them from EH Thompson. We will order water glasses right away. We need 125 of everything. Debra Thompson made a motion to get 125 of everything as long as the cost is under $700.  Adam will count the silverware. Debbie amended her motion to the above, but with the addition for flatware as needed. Jeff/Austin were tied for seconding the motion. Motion Carried. Adam will check prices for chafing dishes also.

Grounds: No report.

Archives: Jeff Gardner reported a joint meeting was held with SPAR. Zachary Ross’ pictures will be on our website. There will be a SPAR, SIAA, FSCJ pilot project where students will research 3 houses. The historic research will lead to a broader sweep of the neighborhood. Kiley is uploading the 2001 survey pictures. He spoke of the specific challenges associated with identifying the houses.

 

Garden Club: The September meeting will be held September 22 at 6:30. Adam & Michael are hosting. The theme will be Fall Gardening.

Announcements:  Jeff reminded us that the LUZ meeting is next Tuesday. This is in reference to the zoning for the brewery.

Adjourn: Jeff Gardner made a motion to adjourn. The motion was seconded by Austin Riley. Meeting Adjourned at 8:13 p.m.

Add your reaction Share

August 9, 2016

SIAA Board Meeting Minutes August 9, 2016

Present:  Chris Farley, Lena Castro, Kiley Secrest, Shannon Elian, Debra Thompson & Jeff Gardner

The meeting was called to order at 7:03 p.m. by Debra Thompson.  Debra asked if everyone had reviewed the minutes from June & July. The motion was made by Chris Farley to approve both sets of minutes as presented, with the correction of the word “inn” that Jeff Gardner found.  Lena Castro seconded the motion Motion Carried.

Treasury Report:

Chris Farley made the motion to accept the Treasury Report as presented. Kiley Secrest seconded the motion. Motion Carried.

Items Open for Discussion:

The Great Race: Michael Trautmann brought forth ideas for the Great Race on June 24, 2017. He presented 2 stages: 1. SIAA will play an important role in beautifying Main St. He believes a budget of $15000 is needed. He suggested 80 flags, 60 banners (maybe more), and have them on Main between 1st to 12th St. The sizes would be the size of the old SPAR signs. He suggests using zip ties and weights at the bottom. They would be taken down after the race, and given to the sponsors. He will approach Toyota National to be a sponsor. If a sponsor gives $1000 for the Great Race, we could also award them a Home Tour sponsorship.

On the day of the Great Race, the movie, American Graffiti would be shown in Confederate Park. Confederate Park will undergo a beautification. Michael will work with Dave Harrell to have the fire trucks out of the Fire Station during the race. The Hionides property can accommodate staging. Main St. is being developed, with several projects going on. Jeff Gardner suggests perhaps SIAA could consider paid historical research. Chris Farley called attention to all Adam & Michael’s work on the fountain, as well as everything else they have done to better the neighborhood.

Committee Reports:

Rentals: We have 3 new rentals since the May Board Meeting, and 2 since last month’s Board Meeting.

Membership: We have 8 new Renewals right now.

Building:Lena discussed replacing plates. Debbie said she found them for $2.00 per plate, and Lena will go to the website that Debbie recommended. Lena said there are plates missing, and there needs to be a way to easily inventory them.  She would like to do it this month. We need 125 plates, and once replaced, we will re-institute the practice of locking the cabinets. Lena will look at the base of the column, and report her ideas at next month’s meeting.

Grounds: No report.

Archives: Jeff Gardner reported that the supply cabinet is moved, and there is more room. He expects the window a/c unit will keep the humidity down. He attended a meeting with Zack Ross and SPAR. Zack has asked to do a pilot project, and they are going to set up a Drop Box account. Kiley Secrest is researching the homes on Hubbard St. from 3rd to 8th. He says there are no pictures from previous surveys. Jeff Gardner and Chris Farley are researching the City Directories. Chris has volunteered to start from the years 1880-1900.

Garden Club: The August meeting will be held August 25.

Announcements:  The Home Tour Meeting will be August 15 at 7:00 at SIAA.

Adjourn: Meeting Adjourned at 8:47 p.m.

Add your reaction Share

July 12, 2016

SIAA Board Meeting Minutes July 12, 2016

Present:  Debra Thompson, Chris Farley, Shannon Elian, & Jeff Gardner

The meeting was called to order at 7:16 p.m. by Debra Thompson.  Debra asked if everyone had reviewed the minutes from June. The motion was made by Jeff Gardner to approve the minutes as presented.  Chris Farley seconded the motion Motion Carried.

Treasury Report:

Chris Farley made the motion to accept the Treasury Report as presented. Jeff Gardner seconded the motion. Motion Carried.

Items Open for Discussion:

Fountain: Chris Farley suggested that fencing may be needed, due to the 4th of July baseball game where children were observed hanging on the fountain, and playing in the water. Michael Trautmann and Joanne Tredennick suggested some type of bushes could be planted around the fountain. Chris Farley will obtain pricing for fencing from Jacksonville Ironworks. She will be in contact with Joel also to find out what the requirements are.  

Manhattan Short Film Festival: Debra suggested we cease this endeavor after further research. SIAA would barely break even, and the amount of work would not equal the reward. We may discuss this again in the future.

S-Line Loop: Chris will engage the expertise of E-Ride to find out if it would be worthwhile to put a historic bike tour together, incorporating the S-Line. She stated that it is on the agenda with Ground Works, and that she is going over ideas with the mapping.

Committee Reports:

Rentals: We have 2 new rentals since last month’s Board Meeting.

Membership: We have 7 Renewals right now.

Building: No Report.

Grounds: No report.

Archives: Jeff Gardner reported that the kitchen is now gone. The walls are being painted, and tables are being brought back. He wants SIAA to consider a new a/c unit for the upstairs.

Garden Club: The July meeting will be held July 27. It is usually on the 4th Tuesday, but the meeting of the Garden Club is being moved because of other neighborhood meetings. Danielle Babbs will be speaking about Sustainable Springfield.

Announcements:  Jeff met with Bill Hoff. SIAA and SPAR will work together to do a new survey. We will need the cost and scope of work. Jeff will attend the Executive Board Meeting at SPAR tomorrow, and reports his findings.

Adjourn: Meeting Adjourned at 8:11 p.m.

Add your reaction Share

June 14, 2016

SIAA Board Meeting Minutes June 14, 2016

Present: Shannon Elian, Adam Halstead, Kiley Secrest, Jeff Gardner, & Chris Farley, & Lena Castro

The meeting was called to order at 7:05 p.m. by Adam Halstead. Adam asked if everyone had reviewed the minutes from May. The motion was made by Jeff Gardner to approve as presented.  Chris Farley seconded the motion. Motion Carried.

Treasury Report:

Jeff Gardner made the motion to accept the Treasury Report as presented. Lena Castro seconded the motion. Motion Carried.

Items Open for Discussion:

Woofstock: SIAA may play more of a role in this next year.  

Home Tour Meetings: We talked about when we may all be available. It was decided that we would have a Home Tour Meeting on July 11, 2016.

Springfield History Tour & Redevelopment, presented by Chris Farley: Chris made a map and history of interesting places in Springfield. It was discussed that it should be put on the SIAA website first. Jeff stated we could try to come up with facts for each house on the map. Chris stated that the S-Line offers no where to eat, or have coffee in Springfield. She believes they should build a “Springfield Loop.” It was decided we will sort out the ideas, and table the discussion until next month.

Committee Reports:

Rentals: We have 3 new rentals since last month’s Board Meeting.

Membership: Renewal letters have been sent.

Building:Lena reported that the benches are done, and the ceiling fans have been installed. One of the column facades is broken at the base. Someone was going to evaluate it.

Grounds: No report.

Archives: Jeff Gardner reported that the kitchen upstairs will be storage. There is a chair and a file cabinet to be moved. He found bathroom tile inn there. We have Christmas items stored on the ledge, and guests are complaining that you can see the stored items. There was a discussion about the boxes of ornaments. They are rotated, so the same ornaments are not put up each year. The alarm went off at this time.

Garden Club: The June meeting will be held at Frank & Susan Noonan’s house.

Announcements: Discussions are underway between Jeff Gardner, Bill Hoff, and Zachary Ross about updating the survey of houses.

Adjourn: There was a motion to adjourn the meeting by Shannon Elian, and seconded by Lena Castro. Motion Carried. Meeting Adjourned at 8:23 p.m.

Add your reaction Share

May 10, 2016

SIAA Board Meeting Minutes May 10, 2016

Present:  Austin Rieley, Shannon Elian, Adam Halstead & Kiley Secrest, Lena Castro, Debra Thompson, Jeff Gardner, & Chris Farley

The meeting was called to order at 7:06 p.m. by Adam Halstead.  Adam asked if everyone had reviewed the minutes from April. The motion was made by Chris Farley to approve the minutes with the correction under “Archives.” Jeff Gardner seconded the motion Motion Carried.

Treasury Report:

Chris Farley made the motion to accept the Treasury Report as presented. Austin Rieley seconded the motion. Motion Carried.

Items Open for Discussion:

Donation of Antique Sofa: Chris said we would have the sofa by Friday. There was discussion about putting it in the Bride’s Room to replace the green couch that is there. The motion was made by Chris Farley, and seconded by Lena Castro. Motion Carried.  

Committee Reports:

Rentals: We have 2 new rentals since last month.

Membership: Membership renewals are due June 1. The motion was made by Austin Rieley to make a change to the Membership form to add “family” at a cost of $40.00. It is currently $25.00 per person. The motion was seconded by Lena Castro. Motion Carried.

Building: Lena reported that the new fans are up, and the painting still needs to be done before the 3 rentals this month. The building was pressure washed, and flowers were planted. The fountain will be working; it just needs adjusting/level. The tree trimming will be done. Tony Simon may be able to repair the chimney. The motion was made by Debra Thompson to give Lisa and Tony Simon a membership to SIAA. The motion was seconded by Chris Farley. Motion Carried.

Grounds: The fence needs to be painted. Adam has approached Phil Collins. Bob Olson will not be doing the benches. Lena’s handyman will take over this task. She will get an estimate for SIAA supplying the wood, and he would provide the labor. We believe there are six benches.

Archives: Jeff Gardner reported that SPAR has agreed to allow us to do history on the houses. Jeff is putting everything in a 3-ring binder for 4 of the homes on the tour. The history of the houses will be done by SIAA. He is still working upstairs, and going through Rita Reagan’s boxes. He purchased a filing cabinet to organize some of the items.

Garden Club: The May meeting will be hosted by Lloyd & Fran Downing. The June meeting will be hosted by Frank & Susan Noonan.

Announcements: There will be a cleanup of the Rose Arbor on Saturday from 7-10. Debra Thompson briefly discussed the “Little Free Libraries. Three Layers may be a possibility for installing one of them. 10th & Laura still seems to be a favorite, and perhaps one near Klutho Park.

Our next membership meeting will be held at the building on May 17. A representative from JEA will be there to discuss the tree trimming cycle. We will also have an update on the 3rd & Silver project. We will have a special cake made by Gillianne Sanford in celebration of SIAA’s 112th birthday.

Adjourn: There was a motion to adjourn the meeting by Jeff Gardner, and seconded by Austin Rieley. Motion Carried. 

Meeting Adjourned at 8:11 p.m.

Add your reaction Share

April 12, 2016

SIAA Board Meeting Minutes April 12, 2016

Present:  Austin Rieley, Shannon Elian, Adam Halstead & Kiley Secrest, Jeff Gardner, Chris Farley, & Michael Estoy

The meeting was called to order at 7:02 p.m. by Adam Halstead.  Adam asked if everyone had reviewed the minutes from March. The motion was made by Chris Farley to approve the minutes as presented. Jeff Gardner seconded the motion Motion Carried. Jeff Gardner made a motion to accept the Special Meeting Minutes as presented. Michael Estoy seconded the motion. Motion Carried.

Treasury Report:

Chris Farley made the motion to accept the Treasury Report as presented. Austin Rieley seconded the motion. Motion Carried.

Items Open for Discussion:

Election of Officers: Frank Noonan will handle the election at our April 19 meeting.

Main Street Median Lighting: SPAR pays JEA, and SIAA pays for the maintenance. Adam presented an estimate from Kim’s Electric, who propose replacing 31 round, mounted lights with LED lights. The cost for this is $195 per bulb. It is $225 per bulb for 175 watt metal lamp. This means the cost would be roughly $3700 to re-work what is there. The 42 mounted lights can be done over time, but the 31 lights need to be done all at once. SIAA has set aside $2000 for the Main Street lighting. Chris Farley made a motion to use these funds toward the lighting. Kiley Secrest seconded the motion.Motion Carried.

LISC & the Kiosks: The meeting with LISC produced the fact that they do not have as much funding as they thought for a Springfield project. Chris Farley presented the kiosk idea, and the discussion was tabled until next month. People are very interested in the “Little Free Libraries.” The kits are $259 each. We can spend up to $1000, and we can do 3 or 4. Chris Farley made the motion to purchase 3 kits, and Jeff Gardner seconded the motion. Motion Carried. Adam said once we have decided the locations, we can announce them. It will be a good idea to gather feed back from the residents;  there are 2 of them on the Eastside now. It was the general consensus to put 2 on the Westside, and the third one could be decided on at a later time.

Springfield Leaders Meeting: Jeff attended this meeting. Some of the groups were not there. They agreed to meet every quarter to speak about different projects. We each have our own contributions to make to Springfield, and no one wants to duplicate what is already in the works.

Holiday Home Tour: The sponsor packages are almost ready. Austin wants to get a committee together next week. The first meeting will be at SIAA on Monday at 7:00 p.m. Some of the homes discussed were 1210 N. Market, one apartment within the school that is on the other side of the apartment that was on the tour last year. Drew Hunter’s house on Silver was also discussed.

Committee Reports:

Rentals: We have 6 outstanding bookings, and the calls remain steady.

Membership: Membership invoices go out on June 1. Debbie Thompson has made a “Welcome Brochure.” Michael Estoy has ideas for the Neighborhood Watch, and technology. This will be discussed at the next Board Meeting.

Building: We now have 4 new fans. The painting is not done at this time. There was a revised estimate with an increase of $50.00. The original estimate was $250. Adam Halstead made the motion to spend the $50.00 more. Chris Farley seconded the motion. Motion Carried.

Grounds: No Report

Archives: Rita Reagan cleaned out the attic on 6th Street, which held items belonging to SHEC, and Jeff will go through everything and organizing it.

Garden Club: The March meeting will be at Therese O’Connell’s home at 1217 Laura Street.

Announcements: Jamie Torrason will be discussing the S-Line at our next meeting, April 19.

Adjourn: There was a motion to adjourn the meeting by Austin Rieley, and seconded by Jeff Gardner. Motion Carried.

Meeting Adjourned at 8:26 p.m.

Add your reaction Share

January 12, 2016

SIAA Board Meeting Minutes - January 12, 2016

Present: Chris Farley, Shannon Elian, Debra Thompson, Lena Castro, Adam Halstead & Jeff Gardner, Kiley Secrest

The meeting was called to order at 7:03 p.m. by Adam Halstead. Adam asked if everyone had reviewed the minutes from November. The motion was made by Debbie Thompson to accept the minutes as presented. Jeff Gardner seconded the motion. Motion Carried.

Treasury Report:

The motion was made by Jeff Gardner to accept the Treasury report as presented. Kiley Secrest seconded the motion. Motion Carried.

Items Open for Discussion:

2016 Calendar & General Membership Meetings: Adam said he would like to put a 2016 calendar online to list all the events SIAA is doing. This brought him to the idea for not having meetings for the months of June, July, & August. The reason for this is last year we had to cancel meetings because of the rain & flooding in our area. Adam was concerned for the attendee’s safety. The motion to cancel the June, July, and August Meetings was made by Adam Halstead, and seconded by Kiley Secrest. Motion Carried.

Lena wanted the Board to know that she would like to have a Quarterly Yard Sale, and SIAA will be doing our 2nd Annual Craft Bazaar in the fall. The Main Space will be having a Sale on January 23.

Media Coverage for the Neighborhood: The article on Hogan’s Creek in First Coast Magazine was discussed. The Board listed ideas on how we could promote our organization. Chris Farley advised that Ground Works meets the 3rd Tuesday of each month. This month, there will be a discussion of the “S Line.” She said someone from SIAA should go. Debbie had the idea of the “Manhattan Film Festival.” She said it had been done in the past, and was successful. She said it usually happens in September, but she would research and see if it is still being done. According to Adam, the spaghetti dinners are always successful. Lena brought up the “Dinner to Die For,” but success was undetermined. All agreed we need to be more pro-active with more visibility to our organization. Lena had the idea of weekly emails with a “did you know?” and facts surrounding things about SIAA and the neighborhood. Kiley said we should change the sign outside to reflect our name. Right now, it says “Springfield Woman’s Club,” and not “Springfield Improvement Association & Archives.”

Committee Reports:

Rentals: We have had one “no show,” and steady calls. There is no further word on the lawsuit.

Membership: No Report.

Building:

The stained glass repair is urgent. We have an estimate from the Sisters at St. Joseph (who have experience in these types of repairs) for $2950.00. Chris made the motion to proceed with the repair. The motion was seconded by Debbie Thompson. Motion Carried.

Lena believes the chimney need caulking. Chris believes the bricks are porous. Lena will get quotes to caulk around the chimney, as a roofing company will be very expensive for a “minor” repair.

Grounds:

Lena wants to bring the garbage can that is on the corner of 7th & Silver to “re-purpose” as a planter. Debbie said she remembered reading an article about just this sort of thing. She said she would try to fine the article. Lena made a motion to “re-purpose,” and Jeff Garner seconded the motion. Motion Carried.

Archives: Jeff has volunteered at the Jacksonville Historical Society for 4 hours per week. He believes this will assist him with his work at the SIAA archives. He has passed the 2001 survey to Kiley to confirm the addresses.

Garden Club: The meeting will be January 28, at a TBD location. Chris Farley said she may be able to do it at her home. Debbie will host a meeting in the future.

Adjourn: There was a motion to adjourn the meeting by Debbie Thompson, and seconded by Kiley Secrest. Motion Carried.

Meeting Adjourned at 8:34 p.m.

Add your reaction Share

February 9, 2016

SIAA Board Meeting Minutes - February 9, 2016

Present:  Austin Riley, Debra Thompson, Lena Castro, Shannon Elian, Adam Halstead & Kiley Secrest

The meeting was called to order at 7:02 p.m. by Adam Halstead.  Adam asked if everyone had reviewed the minutes from January. Kiley Secrest seconded the motion. Motion Carried.

Treasury Report:

Adam Halstead presented a detailed Treasury Report, and went line by line. Lena Castro made the motion to accept the Treasury Report as presented. Austin Riley seconded the motion. Motion Carried.

Items Open for Discussion:

By-Laws: The By-Laws of the organization have not been revised since January, 2013. We need to form a committee and review them. The committee will consist of Lena Castro, Debra Thompson, Adam Halstead, and Chris Farley (she will be asked).

Election of Officers: We will form a Nominating Committee at the General Meeting next week. It will be announced at the beginning of the meeting. An email will be sent to the membership to ask for servers on the committee prior to the General Meeting.

Guest at the Board Meeting: Mike Estoy came to introduce himself, and offered to help Austin with the IT things.

Home Tour Sponsorship Package: Tabled.

Report from S-Line Steering Committee Meeting: Tabled.

Manhattan Film Festival: Debra Thompson presented her research on the Manhattan Film Festival. It runs from September 24 – October 2, 2016. We discussed having at least one Friday & one Saturday (with a matinee & evening showing on the Saturday). Adam will check into the dates 9/29-10/1. We would provide popcorn and Tea, Lemonaide, and coffee. We would charge $10.00 per person. SIAA would receive half of that. Kiley Secrest made the motion to move forward with this. Lena Castro seconded the motion. Motion Carried. Debra Thompson further stated that she will need to form a committee. Adam will contact Rita to inquire if we may use the screen stored at Norman Studios. SIAA has a sound system in place.

JHPC Awards: Chris Farley wrote a nomination for Burkhalter Wrecking & Mr. Shorstein. Adam Halstead has a desire to nominate Chris for her huge part in making the cornerstone a reality in KluthoPark. As a special recognition from SIAA, Carolyn & Joe Molenda bought the newspaper with her picture to have framed. Adam also informed the Board that she may be going to England in March, and there is not enough time to do it in February.  There was a discussion on how to publicize this without alerting Chris. Debbie Thompson suggested we can do this in May because it is also SIAA’s birthday. Whenever we decide when this will be done, Austin will put a notice on social media.

Committee Reports:

Rentals: There are 6 up-coming rentals, but there is nothing new since the last Board Meeting. Adam does not think it is a good time to increase the rates. They are currently $750 for a Friday or Saturday. There are other venues in Arlington, similar to ours, and we need to investigate what they offer a renter. We can make a decision from the research.

Membership: Adam reports that he is working on getting “member discounts” as SPAR does for its members. It was suggested by Austin that is someone joins now, the membership would be good until June, 2017.

Building: Adam read Jeff’s report. Lena indicated a desire to re-do the bathroom downstairs. She was asked to formulate a plan with a cost estimate. She said the whole building could use a “facelift,” such as painting the ceilings. Again, she was asked to formulate a plan, and bring cost estimates to the next Board Meeting.

Grounds: No Report

Archives: We went over Jeff’s report. Kiley is working on the 2001 photos. This has been difficult because some of the addresses are incorrect, and some of the properties have been demolished.

Garden Club: Debbie indicated she may be able to host the meeting in February, but March or April would be ideal. There is a Rose Arbor work day, Saturday, February 12. This is also a neighborhood clean up day. This time, it will be at 1st & Liberty.

On Wednesday, March 30, we will have a harpist in the building. We will offer coffee, tea, and cookies & cake. We will have more information soon.

Adjourn: There was a motion to adjourn the meeting by Debbie Thompson, and seconded by Lena Castro. Motion Carried.

Meeting Adjourned at 8:40 p.m.

Add your reaction Share

March 8, 2016

SIAA Board Meeting Minutes - March 8, 2016

Present:  Austin Riley, Debra Thompson, Lena Castro, Shannon Elian, Adam Halstead & Kiley Secrest, Jeff Gardner

The meeting was called to order at 7:00 p.m. by Adam Halstead.  Adam asked if everyone had reviewed the minutes from February. The motion was made by Jeff Gardner to approve the minutes as presented. Debbie Thompson seconded the motion Motion Carried.

Treasury Report:

Lena Castro made the motion to accept the Treasury Report as presented. Jeff Gardner seconded the motion. Motion Carried.

Items Open for Discussion:

Election of Officers: Frank Noonan showed an interest in heading up the Nominating Committee. The original board was asked if we would continue to serve if there was a vote for that at the general meeting. Everyone expressed a willingness to serve.

Home Tour: Austin Riley presented the Home Tour poster she designed. Everyone loved it, although different ideas were passed around. The Sponsor Package is almost done, and social media will be a big part of our tour.

Committee Reports:

Rentals: There has been one new rental added since last month. Adam stated that he is taking an average of 30 calls per week.

Membership: Eight new members since the first of the month.

Building: Lena Castro proposed purchasing new ceiling fans. We would need four. She stated the cost would be about $400.00. Debbie Thompson made the motion to spend $400.00 for ceiling fans. Jeff Gardner seconded the motion. Motion Carried. Lena also stated she would get estimates for having the ceiling painted. We could vote on this issue by email. NOTE: Lena stated painting the ceiling would be $250, or less, including paint. This motion carried via email.

Grounds: No Report

Archives: Jeff is organizing the upstairs, and needs volunteers.

Garden Club: The February meeting was cancelled because of conflicting neighborhood events. A host for March is needed. Therese O’Connell is the host for April.

Announcements: The harpist will be performing on March 30 at 7:30 p.m. Adam is seeking volunteers for March 20 annual run at Evergreen Cemetery. We need to be there by 7:30 a.m. There was a lively discussion about the Rose Arbor, and future plans for planting there.

Adjourn: There was a motion to adjourn the meeting by Lena Castro, and seconded by Shannon Elian. Motion Carried.

Meeting Adjourned at 7:49 p.m.

***NOTE*** A motion was made, and approved VIA email to allow use of the building to SACARC for a meeting on March 16. We only ask for $50.00 to pay for cleaning afterwards.

Add your reaction Share